My divorce was final months ago but new issues have come up. Can I add new terms to our original agreement?

Sometimes circumstances change significantly after a divorce; a spouse loses his or her job or becomes disabled, a parent moves out of state, a need arises for a new custody arrangement, a spouse fails to pay child support or spousal maintenance (alimony), etc. In these cases, a former spouse can petition the court for a post judgment modification, or a change in the original terms of the divorce. In many situations it is possible to obtain an order modifying the original judgment of divorce.

*DISCLAIMER: The questions and answers presented on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship.